Invasion of the GREEN HAIRY MUSHROOMS!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

str8juizy

saltygurl
Used to love them, now I just want them gone! I started with a frag of ONE 6 months ago. Now I have them everywhere and they are taking up valuable property! How do I get rid of them? I would rather try to get them off the rocks without killing them if at all possible and maybe get them a new home where they will be appreciated but I do not know how to do that so that they are completely gone and will not grow back in the same spot. Can someone give me some advice on how to remove? Last option would be to kill them... how do you do that? Thanks!!! Rachel

frag shears, hammer,and a flathead srewdriver remove said rock.... chip, cut , break rock if you chip a thin layer of rock/coraline off you can save most of the rocks shape

I cant swap it out, its covered in various other corals and zoas. I also don't want to take it out of my tank. I will see what i can do in the tank. How do you kill them if i end up having to go that route?

Agreed, they are very hard to kill as well. I had to Kalk paste them when they got out of hand in my 120. They were on a base rock that was about 20 lbs. I would have had to dismantle the whole tank to try to get the rock out. I saved what I could,gave them all away,and then pasted the rest. I then put Fresh carbon in my media reactor. After 48 hrs I did a Massive water change. It worked for me..Hopefully you get it figured out girl. Remember, I will take 1 for the 3 gallon..it's a grow out competition as well, so let me spread...lol

Ha ha. You can have as many as you want. Tomorrow I'm going to try to chisel them off my rocks and put them up on my fray rack.

Back