is 440 ok for CA level???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i just checked my CA levels in my tank.. i haven't checked it since i moved back to FL and set up the tank...it used to always be right at 420.. i haven't checked my Alk levels yet.. i have to get a new test kit tomorrow....if my Alk levels are within a good range, is it bad to keep my CA at 440, or should i lower it back to 420????

Last edited:
i just checked my CA levels in my tank.. i haven't checked it since i moved back to FL and set up the tank...it used to always be right at 420.. i haven't checked my Alk levels yet.. i have to get a new test kit tomorrow....if my Alk levels are within a good range, is it bad to keep my CA at 440, or should i lower it back to 440????

Lower it to 440 when your current calcium is 440? Not sure I follow but 440 is just fine.:)

I have been told and read that an acceptable CA range is between 400-450.
But keep an eye on Alk and pH.

i use ESV two part solution and drip kalk it took awhile to get the alk and cal balanced,awhile I mean 3 weeks. Dripping kalk works wonders on keeping mine balanced. I shoot for 440 myself.:D

i actually already have a Kalk top-off setup.. i may cut back on the amount of Kalk powder i use if the Alk ends up being high... my lfs' didn't have the test kit that i needed, so i am going to have to order one

Back