is gorgeous but what anemone is this?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

alkibiadhs

hello guys do you know what anemone is this?
is sitting under a 250w mh at the top of aquarium,is this a heteractis magnifica?or a heteractis malu?or an entacmaea quadricolor without bubble tips?or something else?

please anemone experts give your lights!:yo: anemwnh1.jpeg

Based on its color and appearance it looks like a manifica.The tentacle are to long to be malu. What is the color of the column ? That is a very poor pic for ID.

definitely not a ritteri, could either be a bta or lta, i have seen either that look nearly identical. its not a great pic tho.

I would not be claiming that anemone can' be a ritteri/magnifica or its tentacles are to long or I will start to post pics that will refute that. It is either a ritteri or bta. However, it could also be a Heteractis crispa. We all need a better pic.

I would not be claiming that anemone can' be a ritteri/magnifica or its tentacles are to long or I will start to post pics that will refute that. It is either a ritteri or bta. However, it could also be a Heteractis crispa. We all need a better pic.

Your right. Its not really the lenth of the tentacles that makes me think its a BTA and not a magnifica so mush as it s the overall shape. Its just my opinion. Anyway heteractis crispa is a good possibility too.
I agree a better pic of it open so we can see the center would be much more helpful. Dont think we are going to get a pic of its foot. And for some reason I dont think this person is going to be back either. :noidea: Hopefully they will be back.

i havekept several ritteri anemones in the past, i have seen some that do look almost like that but they are fairly rare, usually the common color is brownish tentacles with a purplish base. im guessing its a lta or bta.

Back