Is My Bubble Coral Dead?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

miNiChher

Hello All,

She looked much better than this when I first bought her... And I did have some High Nitrate issues back in January. However, things have stabilized and she now looks this way. Is she on her way out? Should I put her in the QT?

DSC04465.jpg

Don't know much about them, but it does look a little "bad". Here's a bump for you...High nitrates aren't good for most corals so there may have been some damage done, but I guess someone more experienced will chime in. Good luck:)

Hello All,

She looked much better than this when I first bought her... And I did have some High Nitrate issues back in January. However, things have stabilized and she now looks this way. Is she on her way out? Should I put her in the QT?

DSC04465.jpg

It doesn't look to bad, not at the point of no return. What do you feed it? I give mine krill once a week. How are your water parameters? Calcium, alkalinity, magnesium.

there are times when your bubble will deader than dead. It will close up. Then open prettier than ever. Bubbles don't like alot of flow.

well I will run tests on my water tonight and post results, however, I did change out about 20 gallons on Sunday so I'm suspecting that my water parameters should be alright... I will post the results as soon as I get them. As for the bubble coral... she's been looking like that for about a couple of weeks now... She also looks like she's turning brown... hope that's not a bad indicator.

What is your water flow like in that part of the tank? If it is too high the bubble coral will not fully open.

Ouch so.... with the heat hear in southern ca my water temp is at 82 deg F =(

I need to buy a chiller asap. Any recommendations for a 110 gal tank?

the rest of the water parameters are as follows:

Ph 8.4
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5-10
Calcium - 380
KH - 196.9
Iodide - 0.06

oh the inhumanity.... the poor coral probably won't make it =(

i cant see why that wont live looks like its been fragged i know it hasnt and is far from gone ive seen a galaxya re-grow from 2 heads now that was impressive best of luck how much did u pay for that i got one about 8 inches in diameter for $20au which is waht $16us roughly

Back