Is this Efflatounaria?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pablo

Hi Anthony,
I bought this coral 2 months ago. Is this an efflatounaria? And if it is, could you please give me more info about this coral and how to care for it?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Regards,

Pablo

8850_20071127121742.jpg

Looks like pulsing xenia.

Well, thats what I thought. I didnt want to say it out of fear of sounding ignorant of efflatounaria possibly being some sub-species of xenia.

After looking through "CORALS a quick reference guide" By Sprung. I would have to say XENIA. There is nothing in the book by that name. Maybe Anthony will catch this and correct me.

Always tough to say frmo pics alone, but Efflatounaria is really odd among Xeniids and this looks nothing like it (many folks says Efflatournaria looks like Cladiella/Colt corals... they do a bit)

This coral has a hint of possibly being Cespitularia, but then again... if yours pulses and does not have white spicules that reflect silver (see my Cespitularia article in the archives here)... then you likely just have a nice bluish Xenia species.

Thanks Anthony and thank you all for your replies. This xenia does not pulse and it is currently self-propagating buy growing a big foot and moving the adjacent rocks.:D

Back