• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ISO 48-inch T5 Fixture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

emmajaneholly

Hi! This is a long shot, but my 48-inch HO, 8-bulb T5 fixture is crapping out on me. I'm having a hard time with the prospect of coughing up $500 for a new one. Any chance somebody has a used on sitting around? Even a 6-bulb would be fine. I'd also be open to an LED fixture, although I think those are even more pricey. Thanks so much!

I have 2 5o watts led that im using on 180 gallons cool white
And a 48 inches T5 with 4 bulbs that you could use with blues only, i have 6 bulbs 4 blues and 2 whites

I have a Reefbreeders Value d120 fixture for sale. Also have a generic version of the same fixture, not sure of the brand. I can look later after work. PM if you are interested.

Hi Eric - strange. I didn't get a PM, I think there might be something wrong with the system. Can you send me pricing details and some pics via this thread? Also, what corals did you successfully use these lights for? Thank you!

I was able to grow SPS, LPS and soft corals under the lights. I liked the Reefbreeders a lot and got good growth and color from them. The Reefbreeders value fixture is an Evergrow D120 I think. The other light I just had over my refugium and the frags and anemone seemed just fine with it. It looks pretty similar to the Evergrow as well. The only difference I can tell between the two is the optics. The Reefbreeders has 120 degree optics, the other fixture has 90 degree optics. I think you can change them, I am not sure.

I'm asking $150 for the reefbreeders and $70 for the other fixture.

It looks like you will need to find a 2nd fixture since you are coming from a 48" fixture. The Reefbreeders d120 has a 24"x24" coverage.

If you are only interested in the reefbreeders, I do have a 2nd fixture which is out on loan to my friend. I can swap out the generic fixture for his reefbreeders if he is willing. Haha. Then again he is borrowing them for free.

Back