It has been brought to my attention

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

that I am a hijacker :( sorry about that.

So now I will open my own topic. This has been adressed before but how much water can I change with good results? 30%?

Help

Depends on what size of tank. If your talking about your 55g then 30% is roughly 16.5 gals. So what are you trying to reduce, eliminate, etc. with the water change. Typically I myself do approx: 10-20% a week.

But 16.5 gals in 55g tank is a pretty large water change.

AS long as you know how to prep your water change water, you can pull a 50% in any kind of tank with no issues IMO. I woudlnt as a habit though as the larger the water change the more of a pita it is

You can do 100% if you have to. (100% is of course impossible.....but you can get close) Id be more conscious of ALL parameters than i would be with just a 50% change though.

And here is a smilie for you damsel13

threadjacked.gif

Last edited:
LOL! We've all hijacked at some point. I use to hijack threads pretty badly:p As for your water changes, I use to do 10-15% with good results every week, but that's what worked for my setup. I kept a pretty clean tank so really big water changes weren't necessary, but you'll have to see what works best for your setup.:)

Don has changed out 100% water weekly for a long time with great results, if done properly yes it can be done.

:lol: Did I tell everyone about the new barbecue I got for fathers day. Its a cool ceramic Big Green Egg.:)

Don

But really you can do as many or as much in the way ofwater changes as works for you. Try some larger ones for awhile you may like the results, if not then just start going smaller. You have to change it up in order to find what works best for you and your system.

Don

water changes are awesome !!! the bigger the better imo !!!

Krish was my master when it comes to hijacking :lol:....aahh good times, good times :D

on my 120g we usually do 10g weekly. I have done larger amounts but never more often than weekly. I once tried and don't laugh at where I got this information, {from garf}, to do 10% total water volumn for 10 days and the results were amazing.

30 % a month will produce a almost flat graph with all ions in line / balanced

Don has changed out 100% water weekly for a long time with great results, if done properly yes it can be done.

Well, I'm close to Don, 30 years of 90 %

Back