Jiddy Needs Help, goto Chat!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Does anyone know what happened? Did Jiddy fall in his tank? Now I'll be worrying until I hear what's up - let us know Jiddy!

Susie

His blue hippo may have ich! Nevertheless, we think he will pull through as he is still swimming around and eating as usual. Best of luck Jiddy...

Last I heard, Jiddy swam across to Pacific and let his Hepatus tang go near the Samoan Islands.

- Elmo

LOL!!! Ilham :lol: .
Well Jiddy bom bom i really hope your tang makes it :( , i remember mine didn't :cry: .
ohh and make sure your other tang doesn't have it as well.

I would do a 20% water change with specs matching your tank water prior to your dip.

Make sure the pH of the new water is the same as your tank...drastic changes in pH damages clownfishes.

- Ilham

i found my Hippo in my 220 was scratchin on the rock, after examing him i found little white dots which appear to be ich, the only other guys in the tank are a YT and 8 Chromis, none which seem to have symptoms. The Hippo is eating Nori, Brine, and Flake and seems to be happy, with the exception of the occasional scratchin of the rock. I have the Garlic Kent additive which i soaked my brine in and the hippo loved it, the ich has spread a little more over his body, im pretty new to the ich stuff, so what should i do now?

the ich has spread a little more over his body, im pretty new to the ich stuff, so what should i do now?

Send him to me and get a new one:D No seriously, you may have to move him to another tank and start dropping the salinity...

well one thing you should do for sure is get him out of your tank otherwise the other fishes are gonna get it too.

i remember one time when i had bubbles i read that you can give them a fresh water dip (RO/DI), others treat with copper, but i don't knwo if that would be a good idea dood.
i hope he gets better i found this though

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.php

Uv Light Sterilizers

Hey Jiddy do you have a UV Sterilizer this would be some thing to look at..

Jiddy said:
i found my Hippo in my 220 was scratchin on the rock, after examing him i found little white dots which appear to be ich, the only other guys in the tank are a YT and 8 Chromis, none which seem to have symptoms. The Hippo is eating Nori, Brine, and Flake and seems to be happy, with the exception of the occasional scratchin of the rock. I have the Garlic Kent additive which i soaked my brine in and the hippo loved it, the ich has spread a little more over his body, im pretty new to the ich stuff, so what should i do now?

Jiddy - hyposalinity is the best way, IMO, to totally get rid of ich. If you do this, then all fish need to be in QT for the hyposalinity treatment, while the display is without fish for several weeks. This will ensure the end of the parasite's life cycle, as there aren't fish to complete the cycle. Another method (see article #3 below) is the transfer method, where fish are transferred back and forth between 2 hospital tanks every 3rd day for 4 transfers. The tank not in use gets cleaned and dried out in the meantime, and the life cycle of the parasite is interrupted.

News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans - Part One of Five
News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans - Part Two of Five
News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans - Part Three of Five
News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans - Part Four of Five
News from the Warfront with Cryptocaryon irritans - Part Five of Five

Back