Join us, over the mountains, Annual BBQ/Frag Swap! August 13th!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Our club, the Spokane/Coeur D' Alene Reef Society, would like to cordially invite all of you to join us, for our Annual BBQ/Frag Swap, August 13th, at our home, in Spokane, WA!

Please consider making the trip over, to enjoy the camaraderie of joining our clubs together, for a fun event!

We'll have lots of food, friendly discussions and a great frag swap. We'll also have TONS of raffle prizes, that we were able to accumulate at SeaMax!!

As with last year, we ask members to bring a side dish of some sort, salads, desserts, chips, drinks, etc. We would also like to ask members to bring extra chairs, if at all possible.

As we learned from SeaMax, I also learned from last years BBQ. I'll have an EXTRA propane tank on hand!!

I'm unsure if I'll set up the 100 gallon stock tank, outside, this year, or if we'll use our 40 breeder. Either way, we'll have lots of room for people to bring over frags, to trade, sell, donate to new reefers, etc!

Last year, we had an amazing turn out! Let's make this year even better!!

Who's the biggest reef nerd?

Reef nerds could be anyone....

- The guy who knows too much about zoas
- The guy who can ID a type of coral by its smell
- The girl who develops homemade recipes for dipping corals for pests
- The kid who watches Finding Nemo too much

...... ANYONE!

But one aspect stands out to me the most - a REAL reef nerd is someone who will travel near and far for a good REEFKEEPING PARTY! :rockon:

So, our challenge to you :) We all know Spokane is a long ways away, but it is sunny, fun, hot, and I promise, there could be cool frags, door prizes, and food waiting for you when you get there :party:

Which club will have the most attendees at our 2nd Annual Official SPCDA Reef Society BBQ/Frag Swap?!?!?!

Last year the Flathead Valley Reefers won - with quite a few of their members making the trip over the hills to visit us. It could be you this time!

As an added incentive, we are setting aside a special raffle just for you "out of towners". Every club member, of another reef club that isn't ours, will be given a ticket for the opportunity to win your choice of the wide variety of frag packs we will be giving away raffle drawing style at the event.

So, let me ask you - who doesn't like winning FREE FRAGS just for attending an event?? I know reef nerds don't mind! :dance:

I would post that over in the Spokane forum since they would be your local club, but knowing those guys they would absolutely love to have you.

Joanne posted up some of the great raffle items and door prizes, as well as details for the frag packs that will be raffled off!

If at all possible, to help us plan, it'd be helpful to know how many people will be attending, or at least get an estimate.

If you do plan on attending, please post, here in this thread, http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f64/annual-bbq-frag-swap-august-meeting-august-13th-61449/ .

Angie will probably be making a pasta salad and a macaroni salad.

We'll also get the paper plates, eating utensils and some beverages.

Back