June 28, 2008 BOD Meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krisfal

June 28, 2008 PSAS BOD Meeting

Tentative Schedule 2008-2009 Schedule

August – Equipment Swap Meet-Location to be decided (Need to find a spot by July 11)

September- Frag Swap at Duane’s (Trido)

October – Speaker (Possibly Mark (Skimmerwhisperer)-Skimmer maintenance, use, mods)

November- Acrylic Workshop-Viewfinder-Possibly led by Matts125

December- Holiday Party with White Elephant Gift Exchange (Establish rules prior)
Introduce Don’t Break the Chain

January – Speaker (can switch with tank tour in March or May if unable to schedule a speaker)

February-Speaker (can switch with tank tour in March or May if unable to schedule a speaker)

March- Northend Tank Tour-Club rent Van(s) meet members at Park and Ride (may switch with speaker for January or February if unable to schedule a speaker)

April-Bob Moore “pay it forward frag swap”

May- Southend Tank Tour- Club rent Van(s) meet members at Park and Ride (may switch with speaker for January or February if unable to schedule a speaker)

June – Annual Picnic

Action Items

Ghazni:
Find out about Website ownership/server

Kris:
Design new membership card
Create Business Card for BOD
PSAS T-shirt Design
Get information on registering as a not for profit organization

Steven:
Get club stuff from Randy-Member info, where to buy membership cards, bank account balance/transfer etc.
Newsletter
Set-up club bank account (with Duane)

Ed:
Arrange Guest Speakers (?) we assigned to you as you are so good at this J-see tentative schedule

Vicki:
Build Mentorship Program – Pair new members (those new to Saltwater) with experienced mentor to answer questions, help avoid typical pitfalls etc.

Duane: Set-up bank account (with Steven)

Decisions/Ideas

Raise membership fee to $30-no family membership (family members are welcome to events, if they want their own car they will have to purchase their own membership)

Start Mentorship Program- Pair new members (those new to Saltwater) with experienced mentor to answer questions, help avoid typical pitfalls etc.

Membership Sponsor Program-Allow individuals to Sponsor a member who may not be able to afford membership fee

Don’t Break the Chain-Roll out program in December at holiday party-define guidelines and provide to members

Create and sell PSAS T-shirt to raise money

Let me know if I missed anything that should be included.

Thanks,

Folks,
Do we know how many people will be attending the August – Equipment Swap Meet event? Also, do we know what kind of equipments will they bring?

I am looking for reserving my friend's apartment common room (it's free and right off exit 13 on I-405). I will go check it out tomorrow myself but wanted to know beforehand so I can look at the arrangements and make a decision.

People will more than likely bring anything from power heads and pumps to whole setups.

Nobody objected to the $30 membership so lets go with that for sure.

Kris - thank you for taking the notes and posting them.

Last edited:
thanks Steven. I will go checkout the place tomorrow and see if we can avail it. The good thing is that aparmtent has lot of garage parkings (underground) so people can use it freely.

Ghazni

Wow, very nice meeting.

Thanks for Heads up.
Are we interested in doing a forum like Tri-cities has?

I can research speakers. But airplane tickets and Motel rooms are something to consider.
I will share who is available.
I am friends with Chris Brightwell. He use to be lead chemist for Kent.
I can bump him again.

Again, I am very impressed with cooperation. This has been needed for sometime.

Thanks for working together so well.
Ed

Hey Ed,
I forgot to add in the notes that we talked about trying to get Lee again. Maybe he could talk about FOWLR systems. A few members indicated they were interested in that topic.

Also we preliminarily set a date of August 4th for the next BOD meeting. It was a very productive meeting. I think this group works very well together, we should be able to make it a fun year!

Letter from Lee, We need to put our heads together and decide what we want to do.

I asked Lee Birch when he would be available again today.

Re: Lee Seattle wants you back ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed,

It was indeed disappointing that, after the effort you made last time that we didn't get to meet.

Are you sure of the topic? I certainly can and am willing to do that, but most stats say that less than 15% of today's marine aquarium hobbyists are into fish only systems.

Payment can't be accepted, since I never accept any compensation for my involvement with the hobby. I would plan my visit around a business trip.

Right now I can arrange to be there any day the last half of September, or between (and including) August 21st to 31st. I thought last time there could be more advertising and announcements, but any size group is acceptable.

Let me know if any of those dates work. If they don't, then we are into Spring of 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hahn
Lee,
The Seattle Club wants to see you again. We will pay for motel and flight. The club was hoping you could do a talk on Fish only systems? I had some family issues going on back then. I would love to see you also. So if this is something that would interest you, let me know please.

thanks in Advance,
Ed Hahn
[email protected]

Its going to have to be spring. That will also give us time to communicate the meeting to everyone properly.

I agree with springtime.

I know that most members have reef tanks, but there was definately a few people interested in FOWLR set-up on the meeting idea thread. Maybe he could include info on stocking limits, QT and how to choose healthy fish to widen the topic so it would be of interest to all.

As far as I am concerned Lee could talk about any subject and I would listen!

Bump for a refresher on membership fees and tentative meetings. IM not good at taking notes. :)

Back