Just a quick light question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artman230

Predator
I have recently upgraded my lighting on my 20 gal nano from a 24" P.C. to a clip on back 70 watt HQI MH. Do you think this is enough light for pretty much anything (meaning can I add SPS acro) the bulb is 14000K and I believe it is 50/50. Please let me know....I was also wondering if you light experts out there had any reccomendations on some good bulbs...

we have a sunpod, 70watt hqi on our 5.5 nano....

Im not sure about being able to keep everything. (4u) but there really is only one bulb ive found for that fixture.

u should be good to go with that

Some people told me the 70W on my 10 gallon might not be enough for every thing, so on a 20 it might not be enough.

IDK, your gonna have to wait for one of these calculator, dudes to figer it out....

i know our 5.5 is plenty lite, and we even got a 2nd bulb on back up incase of any trouble

can anyone out there give me a more accurate answer since I am in the process of aquiring some sps and I dont want there to not be enough light..

I just upgrade my 20G to a 150W Sunpod, and from what I can see on my tank, I really doubt 70W would be enough for higher light SPS. You should be fine with some of the moderate-light ones though. You might look at deepwater acros (I think a lot of those nifty deep blue ones fall into that category), but you'll probably want them high in the tank.

Can't help you much on the bulb though, there's not a lot of 70W lamps out there.

-D

Back