Just got photoshop 7.0...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Adam Black

More cow bell
But don't no how to use it. For starters I would like to figure out how to place a border around the picture and to place a water mark on the pic with my name on it. Can someone please help me?

Adam

But don't no how to use it. For starters I would like to figure out how to place a border around the picture and to place a water mark on the pic with my name on it. Can someone please help me?

Adam

For a water mark of your name, you just:
- Use the "Type Tool" To spell your name (brainless step, but I thought that I would include it...)
- Click on the "text layer" (right side of the screen)(Or Click the layer that has a logo or what ever you want to adjust the opacity on) and then right above that should be the "opacity" meter.
- Adjust as you would like to make it as transparent or dark as possible..

For a border you:
- On the right side of your screen there should be 3 tabs. A "how to", "Styles and Effects", and a "layers" tab.
- Click and make a new layer.
- Go to "Styles and Effects"
- Click "Frames" and Bam! If you find a border online that you like you can always save it, then import it and resize it to fit your picture..

Oh wait... I just realized I still have Photoshop 4.0.... :( Dang. Well hopefully with these, it kinda gives a general location of where things should be... Sorry. I will go buy 7.0 soon and let you know...

Thanks Erik

For a water mark of your name, you just:
- Use the "Type Tool" To spell your name (brainless step, but I thought that I would include it...)
- Click on the "text layer" (right side of the screen)(Or Click the layer that has a logo or what ever you want to adjust the opacity on) and then right above that should be the "opacity" meter.
- Adjust as you would like to make it as transparent or dark as possible..

For a border you:
- On the right side of your screen there should be 3 tabs. A "how to", "Styles and Effects", and a "layers" tab.
- Click and make a new layer.
- Go to "Styles and Effects"
- Click "Frames" and Bam! If you find a border online that you like you can always save it, then import it and resize it to fit your picture..

Oh wait... I just realized I still have Photoshop 4.0.... :( Dang. Well hopefully with these, it kinda gives a general location of where things should be... Sorry. I will go buy 7.0 soon and let you know...

Thanks Erik

Wow thanks Erik, I'll go try those now. Anyone else got any tricks they can show a noob?!:)

Wow thanks Erik, I'll go try those now. Anyone else got any tricks they can show a noob?!:)

Photoshop is an awesome tool for photographers. There are some others but I really like how photoshop is made.. I also use fireworks sometimes...

I was going to erase my post once I saw that mine was #4 and you wanted #7... But I figured I might aswell post those to see if those worked.. I am curious to know if they do, so please let me know!

Thanks Erik

Photoshop is an awesome tool for photographers. There are some others but I really like how photoshop is made.. I also use fireworks sometimes...

I was going to erase my post once I saw that mine was #4 and you wanted #7... But I figured I might aswell post those to see if those worked.. I am curious to know if they do, so please let me know!

Thanks Erik

Erik they did work. Check out this pic.
PinkJade.jpg

Awesome! Love it! :) Looks like you’re a Pro!

What I have done a few times is put my name in black and just set the opacity close to around 20% and then put it right next to the main focal point so that people can't steal my photos.. I have actually found quite a few (Mainly reptile photos though) of my photos on other peoples websites representing animals for sale. So always be careful!

PS: What kind of camera do you have?

Thanks Erik

Last edited:
Awesome! Love it! :) Looks like you’re a Pro!

What I have done a few times is put my name in black and just set the opacity close to around 20% and then put it right next to the main focal point so that people can't steal my photos.. I have actually found quite a few (Mainly reptile photos though) of my photos on other peoples websites representing animals for sale. So always be careful!

PS: What kind of camera do you have?

Thanks Erik

Erik could you post a pic, I can't really picture what you mean about opacity 20%? The camera is a kodak easyshare z710. Far from pro. There's alot of things I don't no about taking pics. Have you been taking pics for a long time?

That is a nice camera, Took a sweet shot of the coral! I personally use a Nikon D80. I have been into photography for about 8 years or so.. Took a bunch of classes in school! ;)

Is this what your asking? This is where I just ajusted to Opacity of the words to:
- 100% = Blocks out 100% of what is behind it.
- 75% = Blocks out 75% of what is behind it.
- 50% = Blocks out 50% of what is behind it.
- 25% = Blocks out 25% of what is behind it.
--- Here is what it looks like on a gray scale with the text:
Opacity.jpg

Here is a quick picture with a 40% opacity watermark of my name:
FINALMysteryWrassewithwatermark.jpg

You can also do another type of "water mark".. (There are SO many fun things you can do with photobucket!) This is I just highlighted the layer, went to effects, "Clear Emboss" and it makes this:
FINALMysteryWrassewithwatermarkcopy.jpg

Note: If you use photobucket, it might not allow you to upload your picture if you dont merge the layers together. Just make sure to always save multiple copies and never save over an original incase you want to go back and change something! Ok, Now I think I am just rambling... Hopefully that makes sense. It's kinda confusing and I have learned through trial and error... If there is anything else just ask! :)

Thanks Erik

That is a nice camera, Took a sweet shot of the coral! I personally use a Nikon D80. I have been into photography for about 8 years or so.. Took a bunch of classes in school! ;)

Is this what your asking? This is where I just ajusted to Opacity of the words to:
- 100% = Blocks out 100% of what is behind it.
- 75% = Blocks out 75% of what is behind it.
- 50% = Blocks out 50% of what is behind it.
- 25% = Blocks out 25% of what is behind it.
--- Here is what it looks like on a gray scale with the text:
Opacity.jpg

Here is a quick picture with a 40% opacity watermark of my name:
FINALMysteryWrassewithwatermark.jpg

You can also do another type of "water mark".. (There are SO many fun things you can do with photobucket!) This is I just highlighted the layer, went to effects, "Clear Emboss" and it makes this:
FINALMysteryWrassewithwatermarkcopy.jpg

Note: If you use photobucket, it might not allow you to upload your picture if you dont merge the layers together. Just make sure to always save multiple copies and never save over an original incase you want to go back and change something! Ok, Now I think I am just rambling... Hopefully that makes sense. It's kinda confusing and I have learned through trial and error... If there is anything else just ask! :)

Thanks Erik

Erik, I appreciate your help:). I will be asking questions in the near future. I didn't take any photo. classes and still don't no how to use the camera properly. I was told to get a good close up shot, was to steady the camera on something(preferably a tripod, but I use the tank)stable, turn off the flow in your tank, and use the flower button for good close ups. Would you like to add anything to this set of rules? Anthing at all, again I am very new at this and if you think that picture was nice above then it was the camera!:)

Well I like to play around with my settings sometimes. But I do a lot of shooting on my macro setting also. A Tripod is a definite plus for perfect shots! My tanks have a lot of lighting on them (they have MH and T5 or T12) and that allows me to not have to use a tripod all the time because the lights are bright enough so I can use a fast shutter speed. Therefore I don’t turn off my pumps or anything to take pictures. If your tank is dimly lit, you will need a slow shutter speed and will require a tripod.

I’m not really familiar with your camera, but can you adjust the aperture or anything? Manual mode?

Thanks Erik

Back