Kalk. In ATO or 2 Part with Dosing Pumps for 55 gal. reef tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wndsrfn

I have a 55 gal. tank and just added my firstSPS. My Ca, Alk., & Mg are all good. To maintain these, should I just use Kalk inmy ATO or go with 2-part with dosing pumps? I have several softies and just one SPS for now. I plan on adding more if all goes well withthe first one. I want to keep it simpleas possible, but want to maintain consistent levels. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have a 55 gal. tank and just added my firstSPS. My Ca, Alk., & Mg are all good. To maintain these, should I just use Kalk inmy ATO or go with 2-part with dosing pumps? I have several softies and just one SPS for now. I plan on adding more if all goes well withthe first one. I want to keep it simpleas possible, but want to maintain consistent levels. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Unless the tank is packed with rapidly growing large hard corals sucking up your minerals, I'd keep it simple and stick with saltwater changes as needed. Dosing can screw things up fast. If and when have the need, I am quite fond of Kalk stirrers.

Back