Keeping Torch/Hammer/Frogspawn

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Almondsaz

I haven't been able to find anything that lets me know how close torch-hammer-frogspawn corals can be kept. Can they be right next to each other and can you go so far as to graft them on where heads on the original colony have died off?

I have had all 3 of those in the same tank at one point and they always swayed in the current oftenly touching each other. I never seen them stressed out at.

I also had all three in a 38g. They're all in a 120 now, and the hammer and frogspawn are close enough that they're always touching. I have never had any issues.

Thank you all for the info and I will give Eric's book a read. Thank you again.

You will probably want to keep the torch at a distance, they are the bad boys of the Euphyllia species.

http://www.asira.org/euphyllia(hammercoral)

Eric Borneman's book, "Aquarium Corals" will give you tips on the placement of these and alot of other corals, take the time, it is a good read.

Charlie, your link didn't work so I'm putting it up again. http://www.asira.org/euphyllia(hammercoral) vBulletin did it for some reason, it wasn't a typo. I'll let Sara know something is happening to her links.

Regardless, your pictures on the link are excellent.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've tested on various forums.

On the forums that have updated vBulletin, it puts the end tag before the final parenthesis. On the forums with old vBulletin, it works just fine. I'm emailing Sara right now. She is going to have to get rid of any page title that ends with a parenthesis.

I'm just going to edit the prior post now so that they work. I'll also show you how to do it in the mean time.

Charlie, if you want to include one of these links look for the end tag [/URL].

Then put a end parenthesis ")" right before the "["

Last edited:
Fixed. I was too lazy to delete the end parenthesis so now it has two but one is part of the link and one is just plain text

Charlie, empty your browsers cache. Sherman's links work for me

Back