kent vs b-ionic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm not sure...I've got a brand new 2 part B-Ionic sitting downstairs I am waiting to use. I'm just trying to finish up what I have left of my purple-up. I know Steve (Wrightme43) uses the B-Ionic and loves it. He was actually who turned me on to it. He may be able to give you some feedback on it:)

I don't know how much of a difference there is between the two, but I have been using Kent with good results. I did use B-Ionic on a 75 once and had problems with hair algae. I had used Kent on this system too, but after switching to B-Ionic I had the hair algae problem. However, it may not have been the B-Ionic, it could have been another contributing factor, but I never actually figured out what it was.

I don't know if I would trust Kent anymore since they got bought out by Central Pets. I use some Kent products right now they work olright. I like the B-Ionic though, works good for me.

I use bionic, and kalk. I have good results but thats just me. Then again I have a blueface, a coral beauty, and a powder blue and tons of little hermits, lots of snails, so algae wouldnt really have a chance to get started. I dont know if they just eat it all before I see it, or if the undectable Na and Phos are the reason for no algae. I havent had a problem with bionic, except, if you get the gallon jug, and drive around with it the back of a truck, the alk part solidifies. So thats bad, as expensive as it is.

i use both and have problem with air algae kent was the worse one. about 4" of air algae the bionic creat air algae to but not as the kent.

Back