Kents Tech M..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SueT

I use this for my magnesium and got a bottle saturday. I tested and dosed some and the color is very different then the last bottle. Usually the stuff is thick and a cloudy white color. This bottle it is still thick and a tan color. If anyone uses this would you please check your bottle and see if which color it is??

Thank you, I don't want to use it if it's bad.

i make my own MG Sue so i cant help, but if you want me to send you some Mgcl2 and directions to make your own i will be glad to

Oliver, hmm, I don't know what to think. Surely Kent would say something if a bad batch got out.

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the offer. Let me see what I can find out about this and I'll get back to you.

Anyone else??

Tech M has been hit and miss the last two cases I got, so I quit using it all together. Its been taking more and more to raise the mg in fresh mix. The sulfate chloride blend Ive been getting is doing the job with better results.

Don

I've not noticed any issues with TechM in the past year or so, they've always been clear.

When you buy the small containers its usually clear. When you get the one gallon it has usually sat on a shelf and precip has made it cloudy white. No big deal but it shouldnt be brown. I think it has gotten weaker over the years.

Don

I only used to get the half-gallons when the LFS I used to use was halfway across town. Now the LFS I use on this side of town has started carrying the Tech M. This is the only brand of magnesium I have ever used. The half-gallons and 16oz'ers have always been the same color. Thick-ish and a cloudy sort of white color. I shook this bottle again this morning I got and it's more like a light tan color. It does not smell. This is the same consistency. I just don't know whether to use it or not. I think since it was the only 16oz bottle they had I will take it back and get the half-gallon. It'll last and it's always worked great for me.

Thanks everyone!!

Back