Kenya Tree or ???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SEAF

The more I do with saltwater, the more I feel like a novice! I have this coral that I have always called a Kenya Tree. The other day, I was given a Kenya Tree (in a trade) and it made me question my identification of the first one. I realize there are many different types of saltwater critters and these could be two different types of Kenya Tree. However, my original one doesn't look like anything I can find online under the Kenya Tree classification. So, here I am again, begging for someone to help me ID this:

This second picture with the flash shows the chartreuse green color on top of the branches better:

Here are photos of the Kenya Tree I was given the other day:

Is that also like a Carnation or Tree Coral that are in the family of Kenya Corals??? Just wondering

Dtech07

I don't think it is the neon green palua Nepthea, but it is definately part of the dendronepthea family. I think it's what most people call a carnation tree coral, and they come in many different colors. The carnation tree is more dense and bushy in a horizontal fashion, while the neon green nepthea grows more tall and branchy like a kenya tree.

I don't think it is the neon green palua Nepthea, but it is definately part of the dendronepthea family. I think it's what most people call a carnation tree coral, and they come in many different colors. The carnation tree is more dense and bushy in a horizontal fashion, while the neon green nepthea grows more tall and branchy like a kenya tree.

If it is not the Neon Green Palua Nepthea Leather, then the website where I found it has it mislabled. (not too surprising for that to happen!) Whatever the case, mine looks exactly like theirs.

Back