koralia flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

memer

I finally bought my koralia 4 circulation pumps. I'm looking for suggestions for placement. My tank dimensions are 62" long, 24" deep and 18" wide. my overflow box is at the left back corner. My return is 1" spray bars with water direction pointing down and forward at the back of the tank. I initially have set them, one at each end center, pointed towards each other, about 1" below the water surface. The flow is amazing! What would be the best placement to lift debris from the bottom of the tank so that it would go through the overflow into the sump? Is this someting I'm just going to have to experiment with? These two koralia 4's are replacing four smaller powerheads that all togehter did not have half the flow! Suggestions are appreciated.

I finally bought my koralia 4 circulation pumps. I'm looking for suggestions for placement. My tank dimensions are 62" long, 24" deep and 18" wide. my overflow box is at the left back corner. My return is 1" spray bars with water direction pointing down and forward at the back of the tank. I initially have set them, one at each end center, pointed towards each other, about 1" below the water surface. The flow is amazing! What would be the best placement to lift debris from the bottom of the tank so that it would go through the overflow into the sump? Is this someting I'm just going to have to experiment with? These two koralia 4's are replacing four smaller powerheads that all togehter did not have half the flow! Suggestions are appreciated.

I have two of these (K4) on my 90 gallon.
I have one on the left side 2 inches below water line blowing across the tank and the other on the right back corner blowing at a 90 degree angle about 5 inches below water line towards the front of the tank.

On my 300 gallon I am going to have two K4 on the left side about 20 inches below water line on each side of my rocks. Then a K7 on the right side in the center 3 to 4 inches below the water line blowing across the top of the rocks.

I personally love these pumps, they are low tech, low price for the flow, low watts, and can replace most closed loop systems. Now if they just had a swivel like the Sea Swirl as an add on that would be awesome. Yes their are mods out there but would rather not.

For my returns on my 300 I am thinking of take a look at the XWave because you can program them to turn 360 degrees.

Back