Koralia power head running in reverse??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dawgwe1

I have a Koralia 750 that will sometimes seem to run in reverse when I turn it on. If I turn it off and then back on a couple of times it will run properly. I say it seems to run in reverse because the water is pulled in through the front and exits out the side vents. I am assuming the blade is spinning in reverse to make this happen... Has anyone had this problem. I have had it for a year or so and has happened off and on the entire time. :confused:

Yes, they have that problem. I believe there is a fix for that. Not sure about that model though. Contact them. They have been real good about reaponding to these issues.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Regular occurrence with my K1's and K3's. The drive mechanism could be reset on those by sticking a finger in for a second (didn't feel great but it hardly hurt) and it would begin spinning properly again.

Haha my proble was I had it plugged in wrong. Flip the way it's plugged in. By that I mean the prongs. Just flip the plug and viola. :)

Check that you aren't missing the little rubber piece in the grate. They can easily get lost. They prevent the reversal.

I was missing the little rubber piece on the cover. They sent me two new covers with the rubber pieces. Finally get them yesterday. Will get installed to see it fixes the problem.

Back