Koralia pumps - use the flow concentrator?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

genghis

I just placed 2 K1's in my solana in addition to the stock 400gph from the return. The flow is decent but I'm curious how many people actually use the flow concentrator ring that comes with the pump and does it make that much difference? I thought the 1200gph overall would be enough, but not quite sure right now.

I also have a solana, and I am running two 6025's modded. so this is about 2400 gph. and I still want to add another K1.

I have 2 #3s and never put the rings on them. I really didn't want the concentrated flow and they added size to the pumps

I was definitely looking for the least obtrusive method to get a lot of flow. I'm considering either getting a pair of 2's or maybe even 3's but don't want the extra size to use up too much space. I guess another option would be to keep my 1's and just add a 3rd pump, either a 2 or 3.

Koralia's

One thing I noticed about the Korallia is that the 2 and 3 use almost the same amount of power and presumably generate about the same amount of heat. All other things being equal, I use the 3's.

Back