Largest hammer ever in a tank.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wow! Just goes to show how much room our corals require. I'd love to see a tank with a massive tabling acro filling it as the centerpiece.

I can't even imagine how long that took to grow. I wonder if the individual who owns it retrieved it from the ocean or was it grown from a frag. I wish there was more information.

Euphyllia are fast growers and can overtake space quickly. There are a couple of good examples in Michael Paletta's "Ultimate Marine Aquariums" one on pg. 147 has a Hammer coral growing to 18"+ from a palm sized piece in just over a year. I prefer Euphyllia to anemones for clowns in a reef tank.

Todd

thats not very big look up the kambos tank from australia its 22ft long and has a hammer the size of a wheel in it

When I saw this thread title I thought to myself "it's probably not as big as the one I saw at Neptune's in Denver" where I lived prior to 2003. Turns out it's one and the same. They did have a big female gold stripe maroon in an anemone in that as well, along with a little male GSM.

It's a decent store, but when I lived there was very pricey on certain things. I believe they used to sell (or try to) purple tangs for upwards of $250. I got one a few months ago at QT in Seattle for $90 :) and he's doing great still.

Back