LED conversion on a Biocube?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Manderdz3

We've got a 29 biocube sitting empty and lonely, and we'd like to set it up again. However, we are trying to upgrade all lighting on our tanks, and heard that you can do an led conversion on the biocube, has anyone done it? What would the wattage difference be? Can you grow more with the leds? Would it be worth it? Or is the light it came with good enough?

As far as the LED retro goes I have done it to mine for less than 200 and can grow anything in that thing. Also have the ability to adjust color temperature to my liking.

If you want to DIY, I have had great luck with RapidLED. High quality Cree LED's. They now have solderless kits available, and a new retrofit kit for the biocube 14. Talk to customer service (very helpful), they might have some good suggestions. PS, I am just a happy customer and am not affiliated with them in any way. Good luck!

I picked up a Ecotech Radion unit for over my 29BC. Not sure what model you have? I had the MH over it so it has the glass panel on top, this made it a little easier to pick which unit i wanted to add on to it. I have bought items from Rapid LED as well and they have great customer service that will help you design your unit to the point of almost building it for you :D

Back