led light power cord

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HUNTER01975

redneck reefer
Ok so i have a light that needs a another power cord installed.

right now the light only has one cord to power both the blue lights and the white lights but the lights are on 2 switches as you can see in the pics. I wanted to make it were the blues come on before the whites in the morning then have the blues stay on later. to get the sun rise and dusk effect.

I am not going to try and bs someone I don't do elec. work.. So if there is someone that can do this sort of work please let me know. here are some pics of the light. the light will be hanging above the tank so clean work is a must or the wife will hate it.
THANKS

4062E81D-63EE-4289-BE91-D4202A7EB8B3-3381-000004EEA907461D.jpg

AC5E6E17-F2D9-4668-9503-5F7E863330CF-3381-000004EEA4C4CE60.jpg

Hunter. The problem will be, is how to do it looking the same. The power cord right now looks very nice, and if we added another power cord then it will look different unless we can buy something exactly the same. And also it will void the warranty of your nova4.

Where r u in Kent?

i have the plud to put in the case after drilling the hole so it would look the same. I have had the light for about a year and i bought it on clearnace so prob no warranty anyway..

i am at the north end of east hill right at the rneton boarder.

Hunter I think we are neighbors. I am no pro but I can help you. Text me 253-486-9051 so we can hook up.... I live by 192nd and 116th at Benson Area near Kentridge

Hunter I think we are neighbors. I am no pro but I can help you. Text me 253-486-9051 so we can hook up.... I live by 192nd and 116th at Benson Area near Kentridge

ya i live off 218th and 116th but I am on the south side of 108th..

we should meet up and check out the light and see if what i want to do is possible or not worth the risk. I can't afford to damage the light so it might be best to not mess with it for now. I could just only turn the blues on in the morning while i get ready then turn the whites on and then when i get home turn the whites off and run the blues for a few hours.

Back