led lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cross

any thought on this brand? would they be a good light for coral along with t5 lights? whats your thoughts. i found these on drsfostersmith.com

Current USA PowerBrite LED Lights
Emits 50-60 lumens/watt!

* Light Emitting Diode (LED) strip lights for aquariums
* Energy-efficient LED light fixtures emit functional aquarium light
* Use PowerBrite as subtle supplementary lighting

Brilliant, next generation LED strip lights with functional light output. Simulate dawn, dusk, or even deep-water light conditions with these amazing, energy-efficient LED fixtures. The versatile PowerBrite LED strip lights can be used as subtle supplemental lighting. Use one PowerBrite every 2 feet. For larger aquariums, connect up to two additional Linking Modules for a spectacular LED light effect. Measures 12" x 1-1/2" x 1" high.

LED Lighting System Includes: 1 LED module with (4) 1-watt LEDs and detachable Power Adapter.

Linking Module Includes: 1 LED module with (4) 1-watt LEDs and Linking Cable - No Power Adapter.

Last edited:
* Use PowerBrite as subtle supplementary lighting

I think that is the key, supplemental lighting. I do use these lights as supplemental lighting on my Solana. I use one white and one blue light along with a 20" Nova Extreme Pro. I would like to add one more white LED. I run both during the day and I keep the blue LED on at night as a moon light. The LED's do add the shimmer effect to the tank that you normally don't get with T5's.

would they provide any added benifit to the corals? i know you can't just use them alone, they say 10k and 460nm. would they help growth or anything. i have an oddysea t5 fixture w/ 1-12k daylight and a blue actinic. i was looking for somthing not to expensive to add to that. any thoughts?

would they provide any added benifit to the corals? i know you can't just use them alone, they say 10k and 460nm. would they help growth or anything. i have an oddysea t5 fixture w/ 1-12k daylight and a blue actinic. i was looking for somthing not to expensive to add to that. any thoughts?

I don't think they will actually add any noticeable light benefit to the corals. They will just add the shimmer effect for the most part, or can be used as moon lights. The blue LEDs are very similar to the moon lights on an aqualight pro HQI/CF fixture. You are more than welcome to stop by and take a look at my setup and decide if you want to order them or not, I have a white and a blue LED up and running. PM me if you want to come by.

Last edited:
Back