lets see some frag setups!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am in the process of setting up a 42''x42''x12'' 90 gallon frag tank that I built, I will post pics on it later.

Matt

cool! I am evauling costs for acrylic vs plywood growout system right now. You'd think it would be a no brainer since i get the wood from work for free, but i stopped by sherwin williams today to price the epoxy water tank paint and it was going to be over $400 for 5 gallons!!! acrylic here i come!!! lol!!!

c'mon!!! no one has a pic of a frag tank? this should be a awsome thread, with propagation being the future of our hobby and all...

Frag tank is in the closet collecting dust. waiting on my move so that I have a designated room. following along until then.

fragsforsell024.jpg

you got any idea how much it will cost to stock a 42''x42'' frag tank?:eek:

Matt

Well, the general idea is nothing. Your supposed to stock it with frags from your tank. Then you either trade for other more desirable corals, sell them, or get store credit.

Of course you know that. I just had to put it in writing for the fun of it.

cool! I am evauling costs for acrylic vs plywood growout system right now. You'd think it would be a no brainer since i get the wood from work for free, but i stopped by sherwin williams today to price the epoxy water tank paint and it was going to be over $400 for 5 gallons!!! acrylic here i come!!! lol!!!

why not just use fiberglass and resin? instead of the epoxy

+1 to Thatguy. That is absolutly the way to go.
I'll try to remember to take a picture of my mess tomorrow.

I am pretty sure that the figerglass is not even neede as long as the resin is applied generously, granted I would use the fiberglass but not sure it is needed for shallow plywood tanks

Back