LifeReef Calcium reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ilovereef

Anybody has experieced with the "LifeReef" calcium reactor? are they good? I am looking at some on ebay.

i have one... i swapped out the mag pump for an eheim 1048... fwiw, life reef resctors circulate from the top down rather than bottom up which is less efficient and can allow excess co2 to build up at the top... just keep an eye on it and you should be fine... ive neverhad that problem though and have had great results so far

i have one... i swapped out the mag pump for an eheim 1048... fwiw, life reef resctors circulate from the top down rather than bottom up which is less efficient and can allow excess co2 to build up at the top... just keep an eye on it and you should be fine... ive neverhad that problem though and have had great results so far

Thank you for your info. Anyway, I thought the pumb is at the bottom instead of on top like most reactor.

the mixing pump draws water from the bottom of the chamber and pumps it back into the top of the chamber... a more efficient design is to circulate the other way around...

Back