light cleaning question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marlinmero

Marlin
Im wondering what the best kind of metal polish is for my tek light fixture. i looked at it today for the first time in like 3 month and its not shiny at all.

ive tried the wet cloth and it removes the salt but it doesnt make it shiny again. what kind of metal polish?
Vinegar will will poish it up to huh? where the salt splashes up it makes a little stain. thats the part im trying to remove

I've used vinegar to clean up the reflectors I had for my PC lights a while back. I'm not sure if it polishes the reflector but it did take some elbow grease to get those baked on salt creep and the reflectors turned out nice and shiny.

alrighty thanks for the help. well i got hold of sunlight supply "great customer service" and he said mild soap and water or vinegar and water for heavy salt build up. he told me they cant be polished cause the manufacturer of the reflectors uses a very very thin layer of special reflecting material. and if i polish it i will take it off. He said it may look shiny and polished but it wont really be right.

Back