LightHouse Aquarium Controller opinions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They look like someones diy project that Premium is backing kind of like geo. I would say Premium is a good vendor and the price is right. I'm sure if your not happy that they would take care of you. Never heard anything good or bad.

Don

ha ha - yeah, I know.. kinda DIY right?

Still though, I like the internet part and I like how it will supposedly call your cell or e-mail you if it is out of whack. One of my biggest fears is that my heater will die again (happened 2 times in the past). The first time, it went totally cold. The second time, it got stuck on and got totally hot. Both situations were not favorable to my scaly friends.

Both could have been prevented if I had somethign like this.

I've never owned one so I can't speak from personal experience but I'd say it's pretty limited but it really depends on what you want to do.

The major limiting factor in my opinion is the strip and the outlets as they are pre-assigned.

Look at the labels....
acstrip.jpg

You have 2 that are Always On, one for Actinic, one for heater, one for refugium and one for Daylight (so doubt it'd handle 2 x 250w halides).

hmm.. yeah, I see that.. Plus, something else that is challenging is that my sump and tank are on other sides of the wall of each other (not a typical under the stand setup), so It would be kinda funky running a bunch of extension cords..

Do other controllers out there do the internet monitoring and cell phone alert function?

I know the Aquacontroller Junior I had would interface with Aquanotes. Aquanotes is Neptune's software that you can browse your controller via the internet. It could also email you. But with the Junior you have to have a dedicated server.

I think the higher end Neptune Aquacontrollers have web servers/email servers built in. They will not be as cheaper as the Junior or the one you pointed out above.

Thanks Matt - I'll check it out. Looks-wise, i definatley like the Neptunes and it would be something I'd be proud to show off. As I was looking at them though, it's just so expensivo, ya know.

I like it alot, the only feature this one is missing is the ORP. I really wanted the ORP. it has everything else though.

Personally I'd stay away from Digital Aquatics. If you want to know why feel free to PM me and I'll tell you.

Back