lighting control

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

skylersdad

hi,

getting back in after 8 yrs off (kids will do that do you). going with 120gal 4x2x2, reef tank (sps, etc), think 3 MH and misc. atinics but really want to provide a realistic envir. i'm looking for lighting control that will mimic the change in seasons (i.e. days getting longer and shorter as the seasons progress), moon phases, etc. does such a control exist?

thnak you for your help

Intermatic makes digital light timers that can be set to turn on\off at sunrise\sunset or dusk\dawn based on your location.

http://www.intermatic.com/Default.asp?action=subcat&sid=114&cid=43&did=5

You could probably get one to control your actinics based on sunrise\sunset and another to control your primary lights for dusk\dawn.

I picked up one of the intermatic digital light switches at Lowes to control my house lighting, havent tried using them for my tank though.

I looked at the instructions for the timers after posting this. I misread the features, these timers are only based on sunrise\sunset they do not have an additional option for dusk and dawn. You can adjust the calculated sunrise setting which may allow you to stagger the on off times between timers but I'm not sure how it works.

Aqua Controllers will allow you to do this and it even has a Moon Cycle. I have the Auqua Controller 3 with full version of Aqua Notes and I believe only with full version of Aqua Notes you can actually imput latitude and longitude anywhere in the world. It also does temp and moon like I said it's pretty sweet. Now I think if you don't get the full version of aqua notes you can still do seasonal but you can't go in and edit it you have to use the layout that they give. Here I will take a screen snip so you can see. Here is there web site if you want more info www.neptunesys.com

Back