lighting for cheap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SDW

Ok as usual, I am always looking for the best for less. I eventually would like to upgrade my VHO lighting that I have for MH, but for now I am wondering would it be of any benefit to put reflectors over the MH? Anyone have a thought on ways to make the high cost of MH any less painful? Thanks in advance :D

Used stuff is your best bet, especially now a days. You can find some very good deals.

Property room use to be a good place to buy Luminarcs. Drug dealers spend good money for good reflectors to keep energy cost down. Public Utililitie District will work with Police departments to monitor Energy consumption. One way Police can catch unsuspected Drug Dealers. Police bust them. Police auction lighting equipment off, We benefit by getting cheaper Ballast and reflectors. I should say its not cheap equipment but the Police Agency have no idea of prices most of the time.

I will say putting a good reflector behind your halides is the best thing you can do. A 250 watt setup with a good reflector can put more light into the tank than a 400 watt setup with bad reflectors. So long term you can save quite a bit of money in the power bill for the same or more light.

But look for used and check out the police auctions as listed above.

Kim

ebay man. I got a 36" 2x 250w halide with leds for around 200.00 NEW. I think they went up a bit since then.

289 at aquatraders for the same one, plus if you google them all people say is how horrible of a company they are. I think Ill pass.

Back