Lighting Opinions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to Rf if I haven't welcomed you already!:) I'm not all that familiar with that brand, so I couldn't really say. But for a FOWLR setup, that should definately be all the lighting you will need. If you start to get into corals etc, you may have to bump up the lighting. I have a 260w Coralife PC over my 75 gal FOWLR now and it is doing just fine. I have nice coraline growth etc. I am switching over now though and will be adding corals so I'm trying to decide on some metal halides to replace the pc's. Hopefully someone here will be familiar with the brand in the link and can give you their opinion. Best of luck:)

Sorry Krish I have to say I do know about it. I have one in my garage right now over my sump. The do ok, I have no complaint with them at all. It was on a 55 g for about a year and then I switched to my Fuge. It still works today. Even after I tore it apart and made into a retro unit. The only real drawback about them is they dont have enough power cords. Just 2 swithes, so Lighting can be a little annoying with them. I added a power cord after I tore it apart. But they are very ok.

For the price they are a decent unit. There are of course better ones out there, but they cost more money.
The very first Oddessy light I installed came new with bad ballast. Not saying that will happen to you. It shoud be just fine for a FOWLR tank.

Back