lighting options on a 150 gallon..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i was thinking about 3x250 MH's and something for supplements..

Hi servicky I too have 150 All-Glass with 3 ea 250 HQI MHs and I have no complaints Mine is 72" by 29 deep and Its still OK for LPS and Anomes on the bottom. On your tank you could do a couple of options run 250's on the ends and have a 400 in the center this would allow you to run the 400 for like 12 hours and cut back your time on the 250's to a shorter time frame. with 3 light fixtures it will allow you to run diffrent lighting arrangments like 20K's on the ends and a 10 K in the center.. The good thing you have is your tank is only 24" deep so you should have no light problems with 250 watt units good luck with your choice Check out this Link to My first tank with 3 250's the outside lights are 20 K radiums and the center is a 10K usiho.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_members/showphoto.php?photo=639&cat=500&ppuser=789

Ok lets se what we come up with here...

SPS TANK some softies....

60x24x24 $ inch euro bracing
52x16 opening no center brace all starphire glass tank..

i was thinking about 3x250 MH's and something for supplements..

Any Ideas.....

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_members/showphoto.php?photo=5688&size=big&cat=500

i totally agree with the 3 halide idea 2- 250 watt hqi's 20000K and 1 400 watt hqi 10000 K, but i'd also do some t-5's actinics.......i'd use pendant's like the sunlight supply reef optics , and then install them so when they were on the lights would partially cross with the next halide...and i wouldn't run your 400 watt for more tahn 2 hrs a day .......try to simulate "noon" ...so the t-5's would come on 1st ..then an hr later or so the 1st 250 would come on,,,..bout an hour and a half later the other 250 would come on...and then 30-45 mins later the 400 and it would stay on 1 -1.5 hrs and go off and then run the rest of the cycle...

I like that idea only thing i think would look funny is that every time i se 2-250s and a 400 in the center is that the center of the tank stands out alot more than the side with every thing on.. Ya know i was prolly looking at a 400 with a different kelvin in it.. like 10ks on the side with a 20 in the center that i dont like.. Wish i could se a pic with all three with the same kelvins like 2-250s with 10ks and the 400 in the center as well with 10ks. or atleast se someone who has that config with the same kelvins on there system... Thanks a ton for all the replys ppl ....

Another option is two 400s in a 12-14k in lumenarcIII reflectors. That would give you good coverage with option to keep lower light corals on outer edges.

Back