Lighting Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1jared1

I have a light that I am trying to repair, it takes the 4 pin flor. light and I had to get rid of the piece that connects the light to the wires. Is there any place I can go or oder a new connector at? Or maybe someone out there has a old Current USA orbit light that doesn't work that I could get one from? Please help.

you mean like the pin holder thing, i just rewired my current USA satelite fixture with a new ballast, is it straight pin or square pin?

4 pin Current fixture connection

Dosen't sound good Jared I think you are going to have to order that from Current or even worse order a replacement ballest. Is there any way you can get that connector back? Best of luck

1jared1 said:
I have a light that I am trying to repair, it takes the 4 pin flor. light and I had to get rid of the piece that connects the light to the wires. Is there any place I can go or oder a new connector at? Or maybe someone out there has a old Current USA orbit light that doesn't work that I could get one from? Please help.

are you talking about the end caps, hellolights.com has them for pretty cheep, shipping's going to cost more then anything perhaps...

Here's what happened, I have a 48" current usa orbit lighting system and one day it fell into my 55 gallon tank for a few seconds (long story). I dried everything out and went to see if it would work and when I plugged it in one of the what I would call "pig tails", the plastic piece that the wires go into and that you plug the light into, started sparking. I also have the current usa light system for a 10 gallon. So I cut the "pig tail" out of that light and used it in the 48" light. Works great, but now I want to use the 10 gallon light but don't want to cut the "pig tail" back out of the 48" light. Do you see my delima? The connector I am looking for is the square pin kind.
Thanks for the web site Marine Teng, I'll check it out.

48"= 65 watt ballest

Hi again Jared this is what i have found your 48" Current has 65 watt ballast you can order a new 1x65 Watt SunPaq Replacement Ballast Kit for around $44 I don't know the wattage of your 10 gallon tank I am guessing its 32-40 watt unit a replacement ballast is around $41 these ballast are factory Current units and have the square 4 pin plug in check out the link best of luck...Jeff

http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_sunpaq.html

1jared1 said:
Here's what happened, I have a 48" current usa orbit lighting system and one day it fell into my 55 gallon tank for a few seconds (long story). I dried everything out and went to see if it would work and when I plugged it in one of the what I would call "pig tails", the plastic piece that the wires go into and that you plug the light into, started sparking. I also have the current usa light system for a 10 gallon. So I cut the "pig tail" out of that light and used it in the 48" light. Works great, but now I want to use the 10 gallon light but don't want to cut the "pig tail" back out of the 48" light. Do you see my delima? The connector I am looking for is the square pin kind.
Thanks for the web site Marine Teng, I'll check it out.

Back