Lighting question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
OK i kinda get the idea but there are so meny options im a little confused.

29 gal tank
20 lbs of live rock
bak pak 2 protien skimmer/bio filter
korilia #2
100wtt heater

1 clown
2 pepermint shrmp
one kenya tree

Now all i want is one more clown and 2 anamnes for them.

Now i have a budget of $200 to spnd on the lights.

What they heck should i buy? And from ware? Also hav any one used the lights sold on ebay? How did they work if so and what did you buy?

here is the one i want to buy. What do you think of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/30-380W-Metal-H...52|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Last edited:
I have beem using a 48" system very similar to that on my 72g for about 6 months. So far the only problem has been one of the four ballasts for the actinics burnt out. cost me 16.95 and 10 mins to replace. other than that the only complaint that I have is that the light from the halides seems to be a little too yellow for my taste. I'll be buying new mh bulbs soon so I'll see if that makes a difference. Overall I beleive I got an excellent value. Hope this helps

A 29 is kinda small for any anemone and with so many types of fish to choose from and with a limited number you can add why would you want only clowns? Did you see that movie?

A 29 is kinda small for any anemone and with so many types of fish to choose from and with a limited number you can add why would you want only clowns? Did you see that movie?

Yeah the kids wanted nemo and dori, so two clowns and an anemone wont be able to stay in a 29 gal tank? How long will they be able to stay in it, and what size tank will they need when full grown?

Stay away from a tang in such a small tank, that is like murder! The anemone requires lots of experience to keep in such a small tank but can be done.

Stay away from a tang in such a small tank, that is like murder! The anemone requires lots of experience to keep in such a small tank but can be done.

The tang will go in our 75 gal tank we just bought today but wont be setting up till we redo our floors.

I would like to to put two clowns and anemone.

Back