Lighting Suggestions for 60" Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

vacrin

I just ordered a new tank that will be 60" wide x 30" deep x 24" tall. I've been looking around for a light fixture with 3 250 watt metal halides, some T5 actinics and leds. I haven't had much luck except for some on ebay that are generic and made in China that I'm a little leary of. Current makes one with 2 250 metal halides in it but I'm afraid that won't be enough coverage for the deepth of this tank. I plan on keeping mushrooms (ricordea), zoas, other softies, a couple of clams and some fish.

I have thougt about running a 60" Current Sunpod with a T5 actinic beside it but I'm not sure I want two fixtures above my tank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lights

Do you think a Current 60" Sunpod HQI 3x250 Watt | 18 Lunar Lights or a Current 60" Outer Orbit Model 1078| 2x250W HQI| 4x54W T5HO| 18 Lunar Lights would be adequate for a tank of the dimensions mentioned above?

This would be my choice, if it was my tank:

Lumen Bright Black Pendants - 250 SE

Wide Pendants - 20.25 x 20.25 x 12"

Redesigned to spread a wider beam of light reflection for tanks 30" wide or more

LB.jpg

de_out1.jpg

http://www.reefexotics.com/lumen_bright.htm

You could go with a higher K bulb and skip the actinic. Two pendants would cover the 30"x60" footprint. Total 500 watts and you only have to bulbs to replace.

I have similar dimensions. My tank is 60lx24wx20h. I use the SE 250 watt reeflux 12k with coralvue electric ballasts. It gives a nice blue look without actinic. I have a mixed reef. I keep the SPS up high and softies down low.

Back