lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

idgy

This is the lighting I am using at the moment, what kind of corals would thrive under this type of lighting?

Coralife Lunar Aqualight Double Linear Strip Compact Fluorescent Fixture Model. 36" Coralife Lunar Aqualight (192W Total) 2X96W 2 Blue Moon Glow LED Lights.

Great! Now of I wanted to add an anemone. What types of lighting would I need?

Thanks

I have this same light fixture and I want to have an anenome too...so I'm very interested in the answer to this question.

I dont believe that would be enough light thats only 3.3 watts a gallon. I would recomend 6 watts or more per gallon

8 weeks is all it took for my buble tip to die under this exact light, just not powerfull enough for any anenome to survive.

I have a star polyp sitting on my highest rock under this light fixture. The past several days I've noticed that the ends of it's tentacles (?) are curled over like little candy-canes. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Could it be related to my light? It's getting 8 hours of the daylight setting and an extra 3 hrs of the arctinic lighting. It seemed to be doing great when I had an even less-powerful light on there, strangely enough. My water readings are good so I can't blame it on NH3, NO2, NO3, or alkalinity/ph. I haven't tested my calcium levels though. I have been feeding it occasionally too.

Ideas?

Back