Lightning Clown

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tony Vargas

Last night Boomer took me to visit Matt Pedersen and his breeding facility. The most exciting part of the visit was observing the Lightning Clown with its new mate moving rocks around the aquarium.

IMG_3804-AWM.jpg

Yea see what happens when you give Boomer a felt pen and leave him alone with a tank!!! Fish Graffiti!!

See you tomorrow Tony

Mojo

Wow, I hadn't realized that he finally found a mate for her. That's great news and a beautiful fish.

Never seen one like that before either. Pretty cool.
Keep me in mind for a pair if they ever breed let me know!

His plan is to start breeding them and then selling them to reputable breeders to help propagate this variation. If you read his site, he's all about trying to sustain this variation without over-breeding. This will probably limit the availability for the next few years unless you want to spend $800/fish. :shock:

About The Lightning Project - The Lightning Project

1. Keep the Lightning Maroon alive in captivity.
  2. Pair the PNG Lighting Maroon with the most appropriate mate available
  3. Attempt to spawn and rear the F1 offspring from the Lightning Maroon.
  4. Distribute the F1 offspring to any and every marine fish breeder interested in working with the offspring
  5. Undertaking this project in the spirit of full disclosure and transparency to the point of accepting public failure if that became a reality.
  6. Using the attention this project will garner to share meaningful discussions on topics directly and indirectly related to the project.
Looks like steps 1 and 2 are done.

I'd argue that steps 5 and 6 are already done too ;) 2/3 of the way there!

And, for the record, in no way was this the best shot Tony got last night. He's holding back the good one (I told him it's going on the cover of my book ;) )

I'd argue that steps 5 and 6 are already done too ;) 2/3 of the way there!

And, for the record, in no way was this the best shot Tony got last night. He's holding back the good one (I told him it's going on the cover of my book ;) )

Agreed 2/3rd of the way there, with all the flames the project got no one can argue that 5 and 6 aren't done. Now you just have to wait for nature to take its course.

Indeed, the flames largely come from people who simply don't know better ;) And shazam, there's my third post so now I can go back and answer Jim's breeing PM ;)

Back