lights 10 gallon,lights 155 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fatboyt123

i have a now 10 gallon tank with only one jewel damsel and a few zoos kenya and some mushrooms i want to know if i could keep some sps in my tank the current lights i have it is a 24" coralife fixture with one 65 watt actinic and one 65 watt 10,000k

also i am starting up my 155 gallon and watted to know what lights i should do i am going with metal halides though but couldnt decide how many to get (tank is going to many sps) was thinking somewhere along the lines of 4 250w
or something like that just need some help

tank is mainly going to be sps a few fish and tank its self is a bowfront so it is 6' long 24" tall and 18" deep on the sides but 24" deep in the middle

will post pictures of both tanks soon:)

Does the tank have a brace middle support? If so any lights you get you will have to work around that brace it will shadow in tank if you have like a light right overhead of the brace.

what type of canopy is that I see in your avatar? Are you planning on doing a retro fit in it? Or are you looking for a plug and play lighting system?

i was going to do retro-fit with the canopy or i was going to cut the top part of is off that way i could hang the lights from the celing and that would be a lot more ventaltion

Three of the 250's, should be all you need. Anything more than that, and it will just have too much excessive heat. And the 10gal should be able to home sps depending on how stable the parameters are. The nano's (from what I hear) are known for large fluctuations very quickly.

Good luck :)

-augustus

so 3 250's will be good would it hert to replace one of the 250's with a 400 or is the extra wattage not even really needed

here are some pictures of the 10 gallon

in the last two pictures there is some anemone type thing in between some zoo's and a kenya tree can someone tell me what it is?

sorry put the same pic twice or atleast there are pretty close top the same thing here is sorta a front view of it

Yeah but trust me they grow like weeds and spread fast I have one right by my leather and two more have popped up right next to it, I plan on getting them today with the Joe's Juice. You could also try squirting it with boiling water just don't get it by corals but I tried that it didn't work for me and the Joe's Juice I can use right by corals and it lasts along time and I find is worth the price it costs.

ill try that right know i got some joe's when i bought some live rock, (not the rock that has it on it) the guy just gave me a hole buch of supplies because he had just switch to freashwater only and didn't need them anymore

Yeah but trust me they grow like weeds and spread fast I have one right by my leather and two more have popped up right next to it, I plan on getting them today with the Joe's Juice. You could also try squirting it with boiling water just don't get it by corals but I tried that it didn't work for me and the Joe's Juice I can use right by corals and it lasts along time and I find is worth the price it costs.

since it is right next to some zoo's and mushrooms and a kenya it the joe's jucie touches them can it kill them or does it just kill the other little buggers

The Joe's Juice is pretty thick kinda like a paste just do it really slow and cover the entire disc (round part that the tentacles connect too) I am unsure if it would hurt them if it got on them but if it does just try to take your finger and clean them off the best you can do. I kinda worried too mine are like right next to the back of my leather and one of them is touching but I must get rid of them and will just have to take it nice and slow.

hey just treated mine one i dosed that first one i was looking at it and noticed a little tiny one to the left of it so i had to dose them againg the are all gone now i thinks its been about 25 30 mins or so

Back