lights questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cephcrazy

Cuttlefish
has anyone used a 48" Nova Extreme t5 4x54watt light set up? if so are they any good? or would tek light fixture from reef geek be better? cause i'm thinking about buying some from cap or someone on the forum. and are ice caps just reflectors that go inside the lights

Nova Extreme's are made by Current USA

Tek's are made by Sunlight Supply

Icecap is a maker of ballasts that some people overdrive their T-5's with. However, both of the lights you are speaking of come with ballasts.

The reason that the Tek's are better is due to the individual reflectors for each bulb. With that said, the Nova Extremes are fairly nice too. I used to hate Current because they had horrible customer service but they've improved that substantially in recent years.

has anyone used a 48" Nova Extreme t5 4x54watt light set up? if so are they any good? or would tek light fixture from reef geek be better? cause i'm thinking about buying some from cap or someone on the forum. and are ice caps just reflectors that go inside the lights

I have a Nova Extreme t5 8x54 unit for the last three year and I like it except for the single reflector it has... I recently spoke to their customer service and they told me that there new pro version has indivdual reflctors on each light.

Back