lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jntmcduffie

T5ho or compact fluorcent lights what is better for my 30 gal tank 19" deep
T5ho has 4 bulbs 24w each 2 10000k white and 2 10000k blue
cf light has 1 65w white and 1 65w blue w/2 led moon lights.

looking at growing coral and just starting out...

any idea on whitch is better for tank.

thanks
:?:

Does the T5 setup have good individual reflectors? If yes, the T5 wins hands down.

If not they will be close, but I would still say go with the t5 you have more choices in bulbs since you have 4 you can swap out, and should get just about the same amount of light.

Kim

The t5s are better lights to go with not necessarly because of the light but the cost, longevity ect. With a 19" tank and 4 t5s for what you are looking for it would be great. I just went though the same thing with my 25 gal and its 22" deep. If you want to just stick with basic softies and maybe a few lps then the 4 bulb t5 would be my choice for sure.

I was thinking about this about a week ago and I was thinking t5 or pc or mh. Read a lot on here too there is lots of info thats what I did and in the end for what I needed I went with the Metal halid w/ 2 t5s to get the best of both worlds.

if you are just looking for a nice starter light and some basic corals then t5s are great lights.

IMO of course there are people that sware by pc lighting and thats fine I have just found that t5s are a little better for what I was looking for

Back