LiterMeter III Mounting, any ideas?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

maysorum

Hello. I'm about to set my LiterMeter up and I'm looking for mounting ideas. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Well, I used to have my Litermeter III mounted in my stand, above my sump. I used large velcro to attach it to the side wall. Everything was great until my skimmer one day decided to freak out. When I opened my stand I found skimmer foam everywhere in the stand (the foam was on the top, sides, etc). It wasn't too hard to clean up, but it did some water damage to my Litermeter. Now, my Litermeter is real flakey (not using it at the moment).

So, just sharing my experience so you can avoid the problem I ran into.

HTH,

Rob

Well, I used to have my Litermeter III mounted in my stand, above my sump. I used large velcro to attach it to the side wall. Everything was great until my skimmer one day decided to freak out. When I opened my stand I found skimmer foam everywhere in the stand (the foam was on the top, sides, etc). It wasn't too hard to clean up, but it did some water damage to my Litermeter. Now, my Litermeter is real flakey (not using it at the moment).

So, just sharing my experience so you can avoid the problem I ran into.

HTH,

Rob

i messed up my original litermeter this way, i had it underneath my stand next to my sump. one day my sump decided to overflow and spilled onto the litermeter. it never worked the same for me also. ive since got the litermeter 3 and put it in a cabinet away where any water can accidently can get to it.
whats great about this unit is that you can put it anywhere and just do the pump calculations in the manual when first setting up. it never fails in giving the correct dosage

Back