Little white things on my glass, Help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wgregww

Ok I came home today and noticed these tiny little white things on my glass that appear to be alive. At first I thought it was my water flow moving them so I sut it all down and some keep moving. They are about1/10 the size of a small ant, and they only seem to be on the back glass. Anyone tell me what this is and what to do about it. They are to small to take a picture of.

Thanks

I see from another post on 11/12 that the tank is a fairly new setup. So I would think that it is a result of the tank establishing itself. Could be a lot of different things, new pods, micro sponges, little white tube worms, little micro anemones. There are tons of technical names that I should have looked up and didn't.

What to do about them??? Look through the new tank setup forum to see if you can identify them and above all ....... enjoy the miracle of nature establishing a healty environment to support whatever critters you decide to introduce to your little glass world.

It sounds like your tank has taken a step towards better health.

No, they are diffenitly not that these are not round but more oblonged shap almost like a little head and tiny body but they are very small. Most dont move but some are moving around on the glass and they move rather quickly.

They are pods. Or maybe your tank has lice.:D Pods are good. Fish will enjoy eating them.

Back