Live Rock and Quanity

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

warforged

MMORPG Addict!
I had recently done something different to my tank. I broke down my biocube inhabitants this last weekend. I put every piece of live rock in my other tank.
Roughly 25lbs worth.

I would like to know what kind of impact does having not enough live rock has?

The reason I ask is since I added much more to my 55 gallon ive noticed things are well...clearing up for me (the issues I had with refuge).

I cant explain it...almost 48 hours later my cyano just disappeared. Strange... I didnt do any major water changes or anything.

I think my past problems were because if not enough live rock and bad ballast. Fixing these two things last week i have noticed my fuge is working properly... this is a shock .. I dont know what impact this added rock has done..all i know is how my tank changed after visually. Algae is backing down ontop of the cyano disappearance.

I figured that much. I just didn't think it would have such a impact just adding that amount.

Am I wrong to think that having not enough live rock can have a chain of events that are bad?

I figured that much. I just didn't think it would have such a impact just adding that amount.

Am I wrong to think that having not enough live rock can have a chain of events that are bad?

Having to little live rock just means you spend more time getting your hands wet doing water changes or buy a better skimmer.

Don

Back