Live Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is that somewhere selling rock? If so, never seen or heard of that place before going by the link. The rock is definately covered with coraline, but not sure what that green stuff is. Maybe someone else can ID it, but if it is algae, not something you want to starrt out a tank with IMO:)

It's just a website I found and being new to this hobby I thought it looked realy neat.But then again as you know Krish I am new,and looking for my LS and LR to start.
Was thinking of Marco rocks for the base rock which will save me $,and I have 2 80 lbs of Carib Sea Aragonite now and need some finer sand to go with it for my DSB that I want.
Phil

Pretty cool Phil, That's a nice website:) I've never got any rock that covered in coraline which makes it great for seeding the tank! I think with getting some base rock from Marco Rocks is a great idea as it will cut down on chances of transferring a lot of potential un-wanted pests/hitch-hikers (as well as less die-off) and then seed with some good live rock. That should get you well on your way:)

Back