Live Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

capdippe

Hi, so I replaced about 60% of my old live rock that had many LPS's on it like green star pol, pulsing xenia, and shrooms. I replaced it with Eco Rox from BRS, and now don't know what to do with the old rock that is now in a garbage can with a heater/pump. The rock has been in there for about a week now, and I don't really know what to do with it. Any ideas? I think some of the rocks have now started to cycle, and there is a lot of green star on most of them. Can this go into another tank, or is it best to nuke it?

Those are all soft corals, not lps. If you put a standard fluorescent light over it, it'd be just fine. Maybe even a champ on light fixture, with a cf bulb in it. A week without light wouldn't have killed it yet. I've gone that long, without light, on an sps tank, with no problems.

If you are looking to get rid of some of your live rock, I would be more than happy to take it off of your hands.

Good to note, thanks. Do you need any rock by chance? or know of someone who does?

that had many LPS's on it like green star pol, pulsing xenia, and shrooms.??
LPS stands for LARGE POLYP STONY corals!!
Yes mike those are softies

Thats funny this, whole time I thought anything other than SPS is an LPS :doh:. So I'm guessing that a torch coral would be an LPS? :loco:

Back