Loc Line nozzles

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
I'm ready to purchase the needed loc line for my C.L. What nozzle type do you prefer, the round one, or the flared one, or some other type. This will be with four nozzles and probably a Reefflo dart pump, in my 120.

Thanks for the input,

Jason

That's a good one. I guess it depends on what kind of output flow you want. I would assume the flared nozzle would give you a stronger stream but not as broad as the round, but I could be wrong. I have the round on my sea-swirl and like the flow from it better than when I had a the flare on another nozzle. Just my preference though...Best of luck man.

Depends on where you are directing flow. I like the flare nozzles for flow blowing across the back of the tank or across the bottom. I like the round nozzles if you have a long distance for the flow to travel.

All of my nozzles now are flare to get a good spread and low velocity. I run them on the back of the tank running straight down to flow detritus to the front, on my seaswirls to spread the flow throughout the water column and on my other static outlet for maximum coverage in the tank.

Back