Local pickling lime

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thekingfish

Does anyone know for sure where to get pickling lime locally in the Lynnwood/Seattle/Everett or in the general area?
I called the big stores like Walmart and Fred Meyer but no luck.

Last edited:
I picked up two cans in Shoreline quite a while ago, but I don't remember which store. I go to Central Market, QFC and Safeway at different times. I'll check for pickling lime the next time I'm in one of them.

Last edited:
Well I checked all three of the stores and no pickling lime. If you find some in the area, please post here as I will need to get some myself soon.

There is an Asian grocery store I've been to that carries lime (package says dehydrated lime) used for cooking, but who knows about the quality control on it. Is a dollar for 8 oz.
I was looking for Mrs. Wages so might have to just order it.

I have a couple cases of Mrs Wages. If somebody wants a pound or two, drop me a PM. I'll sell it at cost (about $4/lb) to anyone willing to come pick it up in Redmond area.

I got mine here http://mrswages.stores.yahoo.net/mrswagpiclim.html

Problem is that shipping will kill you unless you buy enough to spread out shipping & handling charges. Turns out I didn't really need 24lbs of lime (2 cases), but it's cheaper that way. And I use about a lb every 3-4 months.

I've got 8 lbs of MgCl (according to the seller it is MagFlake), so if you are searching for small amounts of that stuff I can share. Haven't yet started using the MgCl it in my tank, so you might want to wait for me to try it first.

Fortunately, I can find everything else locally. Peladow CaCl is repackaged as driZair pellets and sold at the Redmond home depot. And baking soda/epson salts are available at "your better food and drug stores..."

Back