logging out

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

davejan

I'm having problems logging my son (davejan) out and logging myself (dnjan) in. I go the the logout button, it tells me he is logged out, I return to the home page, and it welcomes him (rather than giving me the option to login).

Any suggestions?

Hmmm....I have the same problem. Let me send a link of this thread to an Admin.

Definately a cookies thing ... This site runs off of two domains, so it makes handling cookies a bit difficult ...

If you delete any cookies with thepsas in it or any cookie with reefrontiers in it, then everything will work fine. I try to make everything work on reeffrontiers.com ... but if you use both methods (reefrontiers.com, thepsas.org) then you get both cookies ...

I need to look into this further to make it more seemless ... But deleting those cookies will solve the problems.

Sorry it is an inconvenience.

Hum, Seems to be a more than one of us loosing our Cookies lol! It is of good practice to delete your cookies & start over logging in, it forces you to use your password & most of all it removes unwanted traffic looking into your computer use. Also Spywear, if removed will reduce these problems, it should be a monthly chore!

OK....I click on Log out and it says
You Are Logged Out! Click here to return to the homepage.

When I click on "here" and it takes me to the homepage, I'm still logged in.

Nikki, from the file menu, use tools/options, delete cookies, it will reset, you can delete the individual cookie for RF instead of wiping them all out.

Nikki

Just sent you a PM

With the changes I made tonight, it should be much more transparent and working better now. Try deleting those cookies one more time and hopefully things should work much better :)

Chuck

HORRAY!! That worked Chuck, thanks. No problem logging out now.

Back