Looking for good 250w 20k SE Bulb

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i am looking into getting some 20k's for my tank.. i currently run 2- 250w 10k Reeflux bulbs.. i want more blue spectrum in the tank.. i also want a bulb with high PAR values.. any suggestions??

I like the looks of the reeflux 12k best when it comes to the SE 250W flavor. For DE, 14K phoenix all the way................

how are the Phoenix 20k's SE bulbs?? i read somewhere that the Reeflux 12k's lose their Par value extremely fast and i haven't had very good luck with the Hamilton 14k's.. they didn't want to work correctly with my Coralvue ballasts

i haven't had very good luck with the Hamilton 14k's.. they didn't want to work correctly with my Coralvue ballasts

bummer.
The only two different types of ballasts I've ever used were the PFO HQI ballast and the IceCap ballasts and they worked great. Nice blend of blue and white.

I didn't think the phoenix came in se bulbs.

The Phoenix SE's are fairly new on the market and in my little experience with them they were spendy. They did however have the great color combo that the DE's have. On my 120, I found it best to replace the pheonix every nine months. On my 40 breeder, 16 months

Back