looking for help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cross

is there a link or somthing to like, T5 wiring for dummies :). what i need is a step by step on how to wire two bulbs to a single bulb ballast. when i get to wiring my retro out of the fixture i have, i dont really have a back up for my tank. so i want to get it right the first time. thanks for the help.

its a cheap odyssea ballast. it runs 1x39 watt T5 HO, what i plan on doing is wiring it to run two 18 watt bulbs. the odyssea fixture i have is a 36" 2x39w T5 HO, each bulb has its own ballast. so i want to run 4x18w over my 10gl nano. make since?

ok, now i dont know what to do, i just took the fixture apart and those things are VERY cheap. i need better light over this thing, i want 4 T5 ho bulbs over my 10 gl nano what should i do? i have the hood built and it needs to be a retro light. i have a total of 20"s inside the hood, please give me some ideas. thanks

so scavenging the parts out of the odyssea wont work? You could cut down the reflector with some tin snips to fit it inside the hood and then wire everything up to run the 4 18w bulbs.

Tom

so scavenging the parts out of the odyssea wont work? You could cut down the reflector with some tin snips to fit it inside the hood and then wire everything up to run the 4 18w bulbs.

Tom

that is what i was origanaly thinking. this is a pic of one of the ballast's. do you think is would be ok to use? if so than that is the way i will go.

odysseaballast003.jpg

Thats heat shrink. That should be fine. personally I would just run the wiring in such a way that you could mount it on the outside back of the stand or somewhere away from the higher humidity areas of the system.

Tom

Thats heat shrink. That should be fine. personally I would just run the wiring in such a way that you could mount it on the outside back of the stand or somewhere away from the higher humidity areas of the system.

Tom

thats what it looks like anyway, its all one piece and looks like its shrunk down around it. i could tape the ends and like you said put it on the outside of the stand or somthing. thanks

I'm definitely following along because i want to add two more 18" T5s to my 10 gallon as well. I have a spare 65W coralife ballast that is made for PC bulbs but we'll see :D

I'm definitely following along because i want to add two more 18" T5s to my 10 gallon as well. I have a spare 65W coralife ballast that is made for PC bulbs but we'll see :D

all i need to do is get the bulbs ordered, so i'll update this as soon as i get them.

Back